Confirm 140g Stocking.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
So im getting my 140g up and running and my plan is 3 Frontosa Burundi, one male and 2 females. 2 Delhezi bichirs, 1 Macrognathus circumcinctus, and 1 Synodontis Eupterus, 1 Synodontis Hybrid, and then one unknown Synodontis. I'm thinking setting one side of the tank up with some driftwood, and the other with rocks, for the Frontosas. Filtration would be one FX5, and the temperature would be around 25 degrees. PH would probaly be around 7, and all species should be ok with that. Am i overstocked? If so, i wouldt mind adding more filtration if it would be needed.

Aquadestroyer2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2012
Minnesota
Personally i think you might want a higher pH for the fronts, and the larger syno cats might cause issues with aggression as well, but depending on the individual fish it might work out prefect too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquadestroyer2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2012
Minnesota
Also the drift wood might not be a good idea either, unless you can get a kind that won't leach into the tank.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Also the drift wood might not be a good idea either, unless you can get a kind that won't leach into the tank.

Yeh ok, i could probaly get something that dosnt leach into the water. Im guessing the Frontosas wouldnt like it, if it did?
I had Frontosas in 7 years on a PH around 7, they bred, so im not really worried about that.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
If i where to change the stock to, 3 Frontosas, 1 male and 2 female, 1 Synodontis Eupterus, 1 Synodontis Hybrid, 1 Synodontis Unknown, and then a pair of jaguar cichlids, would it work?
The footprint is 160x55x60cm, Length x Width x Hight.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
If i where to change the stock to, 3 Frontosas, 1 male and 2 female, 1 Synodontis Eupterus, 1 Synodontis Hybrid, 1 Synodontis Unknown, and then a pair of jaguar cichlids, would it work?
The footprint is 160x55x60cm, Length x Width x Hight.
Anyone?

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk App

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
With this stock, how meny water changes, would i have to do?
7 Large frontosa. 2 Males, around 25 - 30cm, and 5 Females, 4 Around 20 - 25cm, and 1 about 15 - 20cm, maybe larger. 4 Leleupi, 1 large male, and 3 females. 3 Synodontis, 1 Synodontis Eupterus, around 25cm, maybe larger, maybe smaller, 1 Synodontis Hybrid, around 25cm, maybe smaller, maybe larger, 1 Synodontis Bastiani, around 20cm. 3 Raphael Catfish, around 7cm, maybe larger, maybe smaller. 1 Gibbiceps Pleco around 20cm. 1 Pardalis Pleco, around 10 - 15cm, 2 Panaque Maccus L104. I would like to buy this persons Frontosas, but the person only wants to sell the fish at once. If the plecos make it overstocked, i would have to sell them.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Jags would cause promblems with the fronts espicially when larger. I would dump the jags and go with a a hap trio instead

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store