T.Ceja aquarium ?

Mickeyrk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2013
California
Anybody heard of this manufacture? I bought a used tank off Craigslist and has a " Built by T. Ceja" the design of this tank looks a little odd.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I've seen that 'Built by .....' on the paper label of either All-Glass or Perfecto aquariums. Do you see an anchor logo next to the name?

Mickeyrk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2013
California
There is just an American flag. My concern is this tank is a 125 gallon and the side corners do not have a bead of silicone on the inside. Most tanks have a good bead of silicone on all inside edges, this one has only on bottom and top. The side has silicone between the glass to seal it, but it looks odd not to have on inside of glass.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I can't picture any aquarium manufacturer that uses an American flag as their logo.

Can you post a pic of the tank and the problem areas? Do you seen any signs that there was silicone originally on the side seams?

Mickeyrk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2013
California
Everything is factory sealed. The sides remind me of a reptile tank. It's been used before for saltwater tank, but I'm just nervous about filling it up with a 125 gallons of water.

inth3shadows

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
Bellaire, MI
worse case scenario, you reseal it. I had never resealed an aquarium before and I successfully did it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I bought a 125 (6'x18"x24")and looked at the side that needed to be resealed ( had used as reptile before) because the inhabitant had scratched away more than half the silicone on the sides.

word of advice, check the front panel glass well and the middle bracing structure when fully filled.

Mine has scratches made by some reptile on the front and the middle glass brace pulled away the silicone with fully filled. I have a wood brace holding the top where it is supposed to be for now...

Mickeyrk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2013
California
I put a bead of silicone on the inside corners running from top to bottom. I don't think the tank is going to leak, but I'm just used to seeing a think silicone bead on all the inside corners of an aquarium. I'm nervous to think this was designed for a large reptile tank that was not meant to be filled to the top with water. The silicone job was from factory and none has been removed or altered in anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store