Ghost knife-fish has worm-like thing attached to its body

fisherJ

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2014
KSA
Hi, first thread here.
It came to my attention recently that my ghost fish has strange white bumps in the area around its right pelvic fin and its body with a strange worm-like thing that has two tails between them. When looking at the disease thread it seems to be Diplostomosis but I'm not sure. Here are a few pictures. I moved it from the main tank now but don't know what to give it.

I've also noticed a white string like feces in the tank though I'm not sure which fish is responsible.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
The fish has anchor worm. Remove them with a twezer. Dip the fish in a container of aquarium water with Meth Blue @ 1 teaspoon per five gallons for a half hour. While the fish is in the bath do a 50% water change and substraight vacuming. After the bath place the fish back in the main tank. Throw out the bath water.

fisherJ

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2014
KSA
Thanks. I also noticed more of them on other fish. I guess this means that the whole tank is now contaminated?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Yes it is. Claen out the filter and consider getting a UV. You will need to treat all the fish this way. What is your stock?

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
They make anchor worm medicine. check your local fish store

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I mean what other fish are in the tank. Be carful with the meds you choose goast knife fish are sensative to some meds that is why I said to use the Meth blue.

fisherJ

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2014
KSA
There's 2 large red cap goldfish, a fire eel and two fish I forgot their names but they're about the size of a large goldfish, are brownish green with spots/lines in the middle of their bodies and have two antenna-like fins at the bottom of their body.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store