New 220 gallon

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
The only sand id add after the tank is full would be caribsea. They seem to be much better washed than any other sand ive used. Just be prepared for cloudy water when you add any sand.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
What do you mean? Like they will out grow this tank in less than a year?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Oh yeah, pacu can grow a foot a year easy and your 10" pacu will be over 24" in a year, not trying to bash you, just don't want you panicking when they start getting huge. I love pacu, but damn they get big.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
The only sand id add after the tank is full would be caribsea. They seem to be much better washed than any other sand ive used. Just be prepared for cloudy water when you add any sand.
Yea for sure I had chillid sand in my 90 it was black and white and it said I don't have to wash and sure enough cloud for weeks

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Water clarified will help the tiny dust particles stick together and get picked up to clear the water, but be prepared to clean your filers a couple times in the first few days. Even caribsea id wash first, but it seems to be the most dust free. Also add it to a cup and put the cup on bottom and dump it will help keep it settled. Good luck and keep us updated

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
Oh yeah, pacu can grow a foot a year easy and your 10" pacu will be over 24" in a year, not trying to bash you, just don't want you panicking when they start getting huge. I love pacu, but damn they get big.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That's crazy I've had these 2 for about 3 years well my mom had them for about 2 and me the last year started in a 55 gallon till they got about 6 inches then I got them and put em in a 90 now the 220

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store