Finally got my first arowana!

arowanafinatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
hello fellow fish keepers,

So ever since i started fish keeping some 5 years ago i always wanted to keep an arowana, i researched as much as i could about all the different species, temperatures, tank sizes and etc. Finally today i decided to take the next step and finally bring home my own little jardini! I just brought it home right now and im just waiting a bit because im raising my temp from 80 to around 83 degrees. Im starting it off in a 90 gallon for a month or two then im going to move it to my 220. I just have one question will it be okay in the bag for 30-60 mins? ill post a pic of it once i put it into my tank

Cheers!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Welcome to the jardini club ;) look forward to pics , why in the bag for that long are you waiting for temp to rise ? If so he'll be fine just usual procedure when introducing new fish

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

arowanafinatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
thank you, fish retailer said its a platinum jar but i have my doubts lol but im not an expert. They had a golden crossback there too for 2 grand. Yeah just want to raise it a bit more.

arowanafinatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
so i just put him in and it seems like he is really enjoying his new home, way better than the 10 or 15 gallon he was previously in. but it semms like when he swims past my filter he gets pusehed by the current, im using an ehiem 2217. Is this ok?

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
If you can find a way to diffuse the current from the filter that might be for the best. How big is he?
Also, I'm not familiar with the filter you are using but if it has an adjustable spray bar you can try turning it so it sprays directly at the glass that way the current produced by it is greatly reduced. That's what I had to do for my goldfish and I'm happy with the results.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

arowanafinatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
right now he is 5 or 6 inches, haha idk im debating if i should try your way or just let him grow into it cause the flow isnt thast strong i just think hes still really small and light and gets moved easily

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
Yeah, I would do some research to see what their natural environment is. I don't know about jardini but I know silver's and black aros come from still waters such as floodplains swamps etc. So they don't care for much current. Again not sure about jardini.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
definitely see the pearls already! nice find

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
+1 nice jar , don't worry too much about the heavy flow in tank he'll get used to it soon enough , my jars have always loved swimming in the flow in my tanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store