Behavior in the wild

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I have seen a lot of Motoros swimming in Amazon tributaries. circa 3 feet of water.

Always in pairs.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Has anyone done research on if they pair for a long period of time or life? I won't be surprised as they seem like smart animals

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Mine are defo a pair, they are ALWAYS touching in the tank, they have bred and the female will not eat if taken away from the male. I expect they are gregarious and prefer the company of other rays, I think they learn from each other too....based on my own experience.

markado

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Singapore
Mine are defo a pair, they are ALWAYS touching in the tank, they have bred and the female will not eat if taken away from the male. I expect they are gregarious and prefer the company of other rays, I think they learn from each other too....based on my own experience.
You own a natural habitat for rays? haha lol that's a joke. an i pond or tank space is much limited so most of the time they don't have a choice. That's why i ask about the wild.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Where does he say he owns a natural habitat for rays?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
He was being sarcastic.....But not in a nasty way.

I was merely adding my thoughts on their gregarious nature. Many fish live together in a tank a have little more interaction than to chase one another away from a mini territory, I believe rays like to be touching each other.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store