Does HEX spread to other fish?

apertoolfectcircle

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
United States of America
Hello, I have two Green Terrors that I think have Hexamita. I have treated them with Metronidazole and they seemed to get better but then seemed to go back to having white, stringy poo. Also, they were both looking pale. I found a good thread on here talking about treating Hex with an Epsom salt solution, so I've been trying that. My male has had a great comeback. He is eating the treated food well and his color is back. The female however is eating little of the food and not looking so great. My worry is that the Hex could have spread to the other fish in the tank, though they look and act fine. So, my question is, can Hex spread how easily does it do so?

deuxe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2013
Brooklyn
Hello, I have two Green Terrors that I think have Hexamita. I have treated them with Metronidazole and they seemed to get better but then seemed to go back to having white, stringy poo. Also, they were both looking pale. I found a good thread on here talking about treating Hex with an Epsom salt solution, so I've been trying that. My male has had a great comeback. He is eating the treated food well and his color is back. The female however is eating little of the food and not looking so great. My worry is that the Hex could have spread to the other fish in the tank, though they look and act fine. So, my question is, can Hex spread how easily does it do so?
It can spread quite easily.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I would feed the other fish freeze dried food or pellets soaked with Epsom salt solution. It won't harm them, and if they do have hex, it will help them fight it more easily.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store