ATF ID please is this a Brevis?

eddyMFK UK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
United Kingdom
ATF.jpgATf2.jpg Hi, these two are advertised as Brevis, I have good faith in the vendor he is a great guy and got quiet a few things from him before. But Im aware that young ATF are very hard to tell apart and that importers may miss label a fish if it'll fetch a higher price. These two picture are of different sized fish, are they both brevis? Been told they were imported from the Congo, not sure if that mean they were caught else where. Just your opinion on the ID would be very helpful, Cheers.

ATF.jpg

ATf2.jpg

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
I'm not good at ATF ID but I would say the head is to elongated to be a brevis... If I had to have a guess would say Tanzania because if the large eyes and long mouth but I could easily be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Yea I dunno, im not sure even if they are both the same species. Really need someone who is big on their ATFs. (bump)
Yea they are really hard to ID when this small, have you looked at chixlubs sticky in the other characins section? There is a lot of detail about ID'ing them on there, someone should be able to help you out but it sometimes takes a while because of the time gap

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
The first one looks for sure Goliath, the second though is tougher, its snout seems a bit short for Goliath along with the tail not quite looking right. I'd it seems to only have a spot on its adipose vs all colored so it might be brevis or forshalii can't remember which

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store