River Giants Re-Homing Sanctuary

River Giants

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hi folks, I am new here and just wanted to introduce us and what we do.

River Giants are a new specialized aquatic business based in Kent. We are currently setting up a sanctuary to re-home large fish that are outgrowing aquariums. We also have a members on-line store to buy fish that will be up and running soon. We understand the many opinions of shops selling these big fish with no thought to the size they will grow to, which is why we offer a free re-homing service to our members and offer them smaller fish if required so they can continue to keep the fish they love.

Please feel free to check us out

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Where is Kent? Have a link?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Probably in the U.K.which is what he has as his location.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Wellcome.

You could start, perhaps, by helping our UK member that has to get rid of his big fish ( please check the UK Market place forum )

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Welcome, very cool idea. Someone in Germany has been doing something similar with Arapaima.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Very cool idea. What happends to the fish, when River Giants, get them?
Do they go in like a huge pond, or ?

River Giants

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Miguel, I have messaged but have had no response. I have even sent a message to Tropical fish keepers who wrote a piece asking for help, but still no reply? Once River Giants re-home these large fish, they will be going into our tropical pond. our long term project is to open a public aquarium that will be solely river exhibits. We have had a lot of interest and interest from a few charities, one of whom we work with at the moment (fish rescue and welfare org) we plan to use the public aquarium to show these beautiful fish to the people who would only ever see them on TV shows such as River Monsters etc, we also plan to open a science and research centre that will allow us to work with schools and colleges.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
So what happens if you ran out of any room for these giant fishes?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store