Medications and beneficial bacteria

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I know its a little hit ahead of time but I want to know anyway. What meds kill your bb stuff used to treat ick fungus and hith. From what I read most parasite meds kill bb. So what meds do and dont kill bb.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Meth blue for fungus will kill BB.

API General Cure, Seachem Paraguard, and Tetra Parasite Guard do not kill BB.

Medication for gram positive bacteria like Erythromycin, Tetracyclines will kill BB.

Medication for gram negative bacteria (most fungus treatments) like Kanamycin, Minocycline, Nitrofurazone, and Furazolidone don't kill BB.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
What do you guys who have multiple tanks do with your equipment when you use it on a contaminated tank. Like your python how do clean it so it doesn't contaminate your other tanks

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
What do you guys who have multiple tanks do with your equipment when you use it on a contaminated tank. Like your python how do clean it so it doesn't contaminate your other tanks

Well at first I stupidly tried to boil my siphon (didn't work out so well) and the plastic started melting do I stopped. Because the angelfish in my 30 has a gram+ fungal infection I try to wash the siphon in very hot (but not boiling) water for a few minutes, wash the inside and out of the hose.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Would a water and bleach mix be alright then a good cleaning and soaked in prime

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store