When do arowana start to jump out of their tanks?

avengerz43

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2014
northern kentucky
Just got my small 4-6" jardini and put him in my 300 72x36x27 that I finally got set up. But my glass canopy Amazon damaged shipping to me and now they're out of stock on that size. So I'm going to make a top out of plexiglass and marineland hinges and what not. I won't have the stuff to make it until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.... should I be worried he'll jump out before then? He's in with a jag, a synspillum, red devil, and a rtc. All 3-5" in size he's cruising around fine doesn't look stressed has the whole upper portion to himself cichlids not bothering him. I have a 35 gallon grow out that I have a thai silk flowerhorn in with a lid should I move him into there till I get the 300 covered?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
They start jumping the day you get them. Home Depot and Lowe's have polycarbonate clear roof panels. Buy one and cut with utility knife or heavy scissors to fit. Cheap, clear and unbreakable.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I'd be worried about the FH taking him out, or scaring him intlo jumping into the lid repeatedly. Use something soft, like thick Styrofoam and duct tape it to the sides of he is especially jumpy, that's what I did for my young red wolf, he earned the nickname bloody face for smashing against the lid so many times daily he's scarred himself badly.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
from day one.

in the night time. mainly.

avengerz43

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2014
northern kentucky
Shoot ok then I'll find something today to use temporarily until I get the permanent top on. Thanks all for the replies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store