Cichlids with a large nuchal hump, that aren't particularly aggressive?

BassetsForBrown

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Boston
I love the look of the nuchal hump on SA/CA's, and I was wondering if there are any who tend to have this trait that could live with my Oscar? Two beautiful sorts - male gt's, and flower horns - are from my understanding much to aggressive to live with an O.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I think an O could handle a GT just fine, I have a green severum that does fine with my stalsbergi (original green terror) and Os are for sure tougher then severum haha

Flowerhorn though I wouldn't risk it I've heard of them working in comms but you'll be specifically after a male for the bigger hump and they are more aggro. Some are insane, my friends regards ol kamfa would bash the glad when I bent to take a closer look and would bite him I think every fish he tried with him he killed

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Only problem is GT's don't always get that hump from what I understand. It is only when they are with other GT's it is a dominance thing. This is just what I have read please correct me if I am wrong. Large Burundi Frontosa get nice big humps not very aggressive at all.

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
What size tank are they in? An FH(and most Amphilophus) is a no go from my experience....sometimes you may find a docile specimen but they are few and far between. Most Texas cichlids both Carpintis and Cyanogutattus I have ever dealt with have been beasts once they reach adulthood, especially the males. A GT is worth a shot depending on tank size. I currently have a mated pair of synspilum living with my oscar in a 240 and the male is starting to get get a nice nuchal hump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store