Stocking 200 gallon help

oscar777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2014
Australia
Hey okay, Ive cycled and set up my 200 gallon, its been going for awhile now and it has a female green terror which is about 1.5inch, a male (i think) festae which is about 2.5-3 inches and a male(i think) jack dempsey which is about the same size. They all seem to get along pretty well, they are pretty shy and FREAK when I make any movement. I stupidly put an oscar in there that was about the same size as the green terror at the same time i put the JD in and it was fine for like a week, eating like crazy and really lively but then I woke up one morning to it like stuck to the side of the filter with no scales and its fins ripped off which was a surprise because the other fish never even went near it or bothered it but when i think about it it was smaller and much less aggressive at that small size. The jack and the festae eat great but the green terror is really timid to them and won't eat unless the food is easy at the bottom which worries me a bit. Im thinking of adding one more fish to replace the oscar just while they're young and the thoughts I had were another oscar but obviously I would make sure its bigger this time, a texas cichlid or a red devil. This list is limited due to being in Australia and not always being able to find good stock in stores but if someone could please give me some advice on what would be a good option and maybe something I could do about feeding the green terror with its timid nature.
thanks for the help :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
What about a salvini

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

oscar777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2014
Australia
Thanks for some of the options, the only ones I've seen here from what you have said is a salvini and they have never really appealed to me. From what i said in OP would any of those fish options do?

Bigtdotcom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2009
Gold Coast
I'd get another Oscar or maybe a Vieja synspilum or a texas. Your tank is pretty big so maybe you could have a pair of O's? Where in Oz are you from? i'm from Sydney.

oscar777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2014
Australia
Im not sure if I'm wrong or not but it just seems like the tank would be too small to hold 2 oscars, a JD, a festae and a green terror. Even though the green terror has stopped eating pellets from the top and hasn't really grown so i don't even know if he will live. Im going to try and get an oscar thats a little bigger than the others because the last one got ripped to shreds literally. I'm in QLD

Bigtdotcom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2009
Gold Coast
I could be wrong but I think it would be fine 200gal is about 750 liters. What's the dimensions of the tank? I guess it's better to be under stocked then over stocked. I would be a little bit concerned with the possibility of aggression but if you keep an eye on it I'm sure it will be fine, maybe some dithers could be a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oscar777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2014
Australia
Yea I don't want to overstock, I bought an oscar today and he is a little larger than everything else and he is showing them who is boss so hopefully all should go well. How many dithers and why are they always suggested haha thats not the first time someone has told me to get dithers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store