anyone else ever deal with Aquatilium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nit10elions

Feeder Fish
Feb 4, 2013
Nesquehoning, PA
and now this ....

Begining Monday April 28 2014 Aquatilium will only be opened to wholesale accounts. All retail orders will be fulfilled in the order that they were received. We will no longer be offering our stock to the Hobbyist. For legitimate retailers please emaill your inquiries along with your Tax Id and Copy of your business license to: info@aquatilium.net

fbacungan

Feeder Fish
Jan 19, 2009
Kent WA
Classic sign of a scammer or a small business owner who's not ready for prime time?

I placed a paypal order through seller, Daniel Orozco of Aquatilium, on April 15 for a breeding colony of African Cichlids through cichlidforums.com (http://www.cichlidforums.com/showthread.php?57982-Breeding-groups-for-sale).

He responded within hours of my inquires. His fast replies made me think that this small business owner was on the ball. I paid him $215 for six fish. He said he would send them out the following week.

The following week, (April 24th) he said he would contact me about delivery, but I didn't hear a peep. (Strike 1). When I followed up with him, he said he was in jury duty and couldn't get the shipment out. No problem. I'll give him a pass.

He said he'll contact me Monday or Tuesday (April 28th) to get them out May 1. No Response. (Strike 2). I followed up with him May 1st requesting that if I don't hear from him by May 2nd, I'd like a refund. I haven't heard a response since.

He was certainly quick and responsive when he took my money. When I asked for a refund, there is radio silence. Is this a classic sign of a scammer? Or is he a small business owner that needs basic business skills: accountability, actually doing what you say, and delivering upon customer requests?

I look at an empty fish tank waiting for an order that may not get filled. And as I write this, I get more angry as my hard earned $200 vanishes in thin air.

I try to support small startup businesses since I know how difficult it is to start up a business. But people like Daniel make me resort back to tried and true businesses that have an established reputation. Thanks Daniel.

I will NOT do business with Aquatilium or Daniel Orozco (if that's his real name). If anyone has any ideas how I can get my money back, please let me know. I have already filed a complaint with paypal and awaiting a response.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Classic sign of a scammer or a small business owner who's not ready for prime time?

I placed a paypal order through seller, Daniel Orozco of Aquatilium, on April 15 for a breeding colony of African Cichlids through cichlidforums.com (http://www.cichlidforums.com/showthread.php?57982-Breeding-groups-for-sale).

He responded within hours of my inquires. His fast replies made me think that this small business owner was on the ball. I paid him $215 for six fish. He said he would send them out the following week.

The following week, (April 24th) he said he would contact me about delivery, but I didn't hear a peep. (Strike 1). When I followed up with him, he said he was in jury duty and couldn't get the shipment out. No problem. I'll give him a pass.

He said he'll contact me Monday or Tuesday (April 28th) to get them out May 1. No Response. (Strike 2). I followed up with him May 1st requesting that if I don't hear from him by May 2nd, I'd like a refund. I haven't heard a response since.

He was certainly quick and responsive when he took my money. When I asked for a refund, there is radio silence. Is this a classic sign of a scammer? Or is he a small business owner that needs basic business skills: accountability, actually doing what you say, and delivering upon customer requests?

I look at an empty fish tank waiting for an order that may not get filled. And as I write this, I get more angry as my hard earned $200 vanishes in thin air.

I try to support small startup businesses since I know how difficult it is to start up a business. But people like Daniel make me resort back to tried and true businesses that have an established reputation. Thanks Daniel.

I will NOT do business with Aquatilium or Daniel Orozco (if that's his real name). If anyone has any ideas how I can get my money back, please let me know. I have already filed a complaint with paypal and awaiting a response.
That's about all you can do unless you used a credit card. If you did, you can file with them as well.

tparker

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2010
Burke, Va.
I placed an order with them and got ripped off. They did not send the entire order that I paid for. Some of the fish sent were sick (ick) and under sized. They promised to make it right. But never did. Definately not recommended.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Marley15

Gambusia
May 6, 2014
California
Just wanted to add my frustration to the mix. I live an hour away and wanted to pick up the fish, they told me no problem just had to pay upfront. Spent $160 with this company and got nothing but the run around. Same as all the others, constant promises of being in contact and then nothing. When I asked what the deal was they finally told me they had a power loss and most of their stock was dead. Promised me replacements were already ordered and on there way. BS!!

I'm currently waiting on Paypal and hoping for the best.

zenone

Feeder Fish
May 7, 2014
Texas
I'm having similar issue with my tropheus order from aquatilium. claimed they were in stock but held up due to weather its been 4 months now. We need to build a blacklist of bad vendors in this hobby collectively/cooperatively with other fish forum sites. As we are not all able to be active members on all forum, this is my suggestion.

CeeCee

Feeder Fish
May 6, 2014
NY
Same problem. Saw good reviews on aquabid, good stock on YouTube and a sponsor for a respected website, figured not much would go wrong. Placed order in feb close to $300. Delayed several times do to weather and later power outage that caused loss of stock which they were waiting to restock. Then more delays do to passover jury duty....and finally website gets taken down, not responding to calls and emails. I trust this is a small business that wasn't ready to be one. At the end of the day I am out a lot if money, paypal didn't address my complaint since it was out of the 45 day window. I would like to know if anyone got their order in this year and were happy with the transaction.

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
Reading threads like this is what has always kept me from ordering off of the internet. I feel for you guys that were ripped off, you guys put a lot of money out there. I hope those who were affected receive some thing in return.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store