BBxB1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
*datnoid problems

I just noticed this today something is wrong with him I can't find out what*

All other fish are eating well*

He's pointing downwards he wouldn't eat I put some food he looked at it and went back to look down*
The tank is a bare bottom so maybe he's just looking down?*
I got my net and chased him for 5 secs to see if he would move he did move fast netted it and checked him out*
When I let him go he swam down normally and pointed back down when I chased him.he swam normally so anyone can help? I put melafix in and I do have mardel copper safe and some Api salt of course I didn't dose all those only the melafix I will do salt today and maybe the copper safe tmr*
Some pictures

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The photos won't show but what you describe sounds pretty common among some dats.Sometimes they will lay on their side or sulk in a corner and some do what yours is doing..If it is high up in the top corner of the tank it might being bullied.

Geofroniac

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
San Gabriel
Sorry to hear bro. It might be internal problems and may develop symptom like pop eyes. I had a dats with similar behavior. Try 25% wc, salt, med daily and hope it heal on it own. But usually it's not gonna make it. Worth to try. GL

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BBxB1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
Hey Richardson
I chased it a little while ago again I know I shouldn't but ya it booted it swam normally to other side of the tank andr I net it and took another look at it swims down normlly back to that position I have copper safe it does Internel stuff which its good I'll try it out tmr I did a half water change few days ago but it was normal then
What do you mean pics don't show? I clicked the link it work

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
does it look like it having hard time keeping its balance? If so Treat with espom salt and once string enough treat some internal parasite meds. Lost my NTT to this but the salt help bring it back a couple times before it died

BBxB1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
No it stays vertical like that unless I open my fish room door to fast which makes a noise and it scares it and it goes to normal but goes back to that way what's espom salt? I have Api salt is it same? And I have copper safe I think melafix isn't that great right now

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Tell us more about the tank and all other fish that are in there..How long have you had them? The Coppersafe is for dealing with certain parasites on the fish and in the water but that does not seem to be the problem here and I doubt the Melfix will help any either....When I click on any of those links the photobucket site comes and I see the Camaro username on the screen up but no photos show.

BBxB1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
All other fish are fine only datnoids 3 in total went to go check up on them an hour ago 2 of them swam rushed to me thinking they were gonna get fed but yesterday or few days ago they all came up to me other dats eat aggressively but this dat that's acting weird pointing verticly he didn't come to me today he is stable oretty much entire time and 4 inches
I'll try to fix the photo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store