MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
Chicago
What do you guys think of my tank mates?:
(1) 4 inch Silver Arowana
(1) Black ghost Knife Fish
(1) Albino Bichir
(2) Tiger Oscars
Any additions or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
I was also thinking of adding a Red tailed Catfish.
I'm aware of the sizes of these monsters and will upgrade
within the next two years.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
What would you be upgrading to? I still wouldn't get one until you know you can upgrade and are close or already have some it, because sometimes things happen and some people either can't do it or can't get a big enough tank and then they are stuck with a huge fish that's too big and still growing. Other than that it seems like a good stock. Seems a little under stocked but with the bio load of the oscars keeping a light stock isn't a bad idea. If you wanted to I would say you could add a lot more bichirs if you wanted to.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I'd do more larger bichirs for the bottom, maybe a hoplias wolf too the top will be too occupied by the aro and Oscars for anything else to fit comfortably, unless they are all really small haha and that won't last long.

Like others have said hold off on the rtc, they grow like lightning given the proper params and diet. Maybe a smaller cat like vulture cat or giraffe cat? They are quite pretty and don't get too big, they also aren't known for eating everything in sight like rtcs haha

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Unless you have a future 450 gallon or higher I would stay away from the silvers and the rtc needs a large pond (A multi-thousand gallon pond). They grow quick and its just trouble in the long run unless you have some deep deep pockets. The rest seem perfectly fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store