Jardini scales lifting up.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Ive started noticing all the scales around my Jardini's stomach are lifted a little. Is this just from feeding him? Before he we super picky about what he wanted to eat, not eating for weeks. now hes eating 20+ Mealworms (super) and four night crawlers a day. I can't see any infection. I just wanted to check on that.

BongDini

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2013
Somewhere
your feeding it too much.

aquarium salt up to close back the scales.

raised scales is not something trivial in arowanas

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
How large is he? At one time thats just plain out way too much unless hes 18+. Mine starves himself too from time to time but feeding that much is pretty crazy. Imagine not eating for 3 days and having a feast lol theres going to be some sort of problem digesting all that food. Salt wont really do anything but I would add some to aid in breathing and bump the temp up a bit.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
That's what I thought it was from. But as of May almost all of his scales are raised. Also starting to notice his eye are popping out a little more. Theirs also something coming out of a few scales

23inch in June. I have cute down on feeding. Also doing 40% wc every other day

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Pictures?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
if its still there... sounds like dropsy. Had an outbreak in one of my breeding platy tanks and it was horrific. Everyone died but the young. I got some coppersafe medican for it but it didnt do much, maybe I was a bit late as i tried to cure it with salt.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
This was the photo i was sent today... im not around the fish to confirm it but i was told it has lumps on its head the drop eye and other eye are getting cloudy plus popping out some more, she also claims its staying in one area the whole time not very active.

20140507_171523.jpg

20140507_171523.jpg

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Bad water quality and it definitely has popeye not to mention maybe even dropsy or some kind of internal ailment. Outcome not looking good for him.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Should i remove the oscar and pleco and treat with melafix and primafix? Or salt?

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Bad water quality and it definitely has popeye not to mention maybe even dropsy or some kind of internal ailment. Outcome not looking good for him.
Agreed, that's just the result of bad water quality. The best way to fix it is get water quality to par. I would do 30% water changes slowly on a daily basis. Dont want to stress them out too much. Melafix will help tons with continuous water changes. Once the jar gets better just stay on weekly water changes and also monthly filter cleaning.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store