Please help!

NickoT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2014
Dtown
I was curious about collecting wild native aquatic plants for aquarium and pond use. Today while on a creek near the lake i found the species below. If cleaned them with a pressure washer, added parasite and disease treatment chemicals and would like to know if this species is safe for my coldwater aquariums and ponds. Thanks in advance!

NickoT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2014
Dtown
Done and done. My goldfish seem to love eating the roots. I'm guessing this is normal?

Would it be safe with my bettas and other tropicals as well?

NickoT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2014
Dtown
Cool. And these plants are also helping cut down the massive amounts of ammonia and toxins from the goldfish right?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
When a plants grow its growth comes from food which in this case is your fishes crap aka nitrates and obviously other elements and minerals that are found in tap or well h20.

A good way to treat any plants (store bought/wild caught) is to do a peroxide dip, this kills all algae and organisms that may be on the plant!

Buy regular hydrogen peroxide at your store or pharmacy, add about 2 tablespoons to a glass of water, dip one plant at a time in the glass for about 20 seconds and immediately place the plant into a bucket of clean water, repeat with the rest of the plants.

after obtaining black beard algae and a million snails from a lfs plant batch I always dip my plants to be safe now!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store