Geophagus with rays

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Anyone keep these succesfully with rays. Or are they a meal waiting? Not sure how big they get but some of them look really nice and i am after something that has a bit of colour to it to add to the tank.

Wanna Arowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Middle East
as long as the geos aren't small enuf for the rays to have a go at them then i think they should b fine.

i've kept geos earlier with leos & things were always harmonious! geos mite have a go at each other in a group every 1s in a while, but seldom have i seen them standing up against even my red severums!!!

they really r very beautiful! they add an array of colors into the tank, minus concerns over compatibility or aggression! my two cents!

i've just ordered 2 pairs to add to my ray tank...

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Interesting. Yes they do seem to have some lovely colours to them.
Thanks

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
There is a local store here that has some with large motoros I think they have lost one here and there but overall they have had them togather for years. I personally think anything is a potential meal with rays. The seem to know how to pin fish down pretty good.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
I keep red headed tapajos with with hystrix. Lost one the very first night to the rays, but they have been fine since.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
I've kept geos with rays for several years a while back. I did not lose any to the rays, though the rays essentially grew up with the geos so they never really showed any interest. I currently have an amazon set up with rays and geos and angels...rays are juveniles though. But no issues for quite some time now and the only thing live I've ever fed my rays were black worms and night crawlers. Never live fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
I have 3 Abalios and 1 Altifron with 3, 11-13" breeding rays and haven't had any issues with them....knock on wood. I have several tankmates in there and no problems.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Thanks all. Think i am going to try it the next time some decent size ones become available.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I had 12 large red head geos. They were good for a long while and then they started to become food so I divided them off and sold them. Get altifrons which would be a lot larger and better I would imagine.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store