Feeding Beefheart To Datnoids

dean9922

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
Prince George, BC
I will be getting some small 2 inch datnoids in the next day or two and I know that giving fresh shrimp, krill etc is preferred. I want to train them on eating pellet food also, but my question is.....are they still to small to feed beef heart and if not, do you just grind the heart up or drop in smaller chunks????

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've never tried it,never really saw the point but it might be good for putting size on the little dats.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Only raw will do as the precooked shrimp has less nutrition.

ICHIBAN TROPICAL FISH

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 14, 2010
Steeler city
i would go with chop fresh beef, it better protein and is not messy than beefheart

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I will be getting some small 2 inch datnoids in the next day or two and I know that giving fresh shrimp, krill etc is preferred. I want to train them on eating pellet food also, but my question is.....are they still to small to feed beef heart and if not, do you just grind the heart up or drop in smaller chunks????
If I was you as soon as they go in your tank start feeding pellets

I have found if you start offering other foods from day one it's very hard to get them to take pellets

So pellets from day one then once they take them offer other foods every other day

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Can't argue with that,It's always a good thing if you can get young dats started on good pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store