Eheim 2217 questions

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Ok so I was just doing a water change and did not want to touch the filter (its cycling) so I figure I would turn off the filter when I started refilling. I pulled the power cord then turn the taps into the closed position... i did something wrong because when I went to turn the pump back on nothing happened I had to empty the filter I also accidentally loosened the damn j tube had to put all the media in tank water while I fixed once I got it all fix and connected I had to prime it.

There has to be a way to just turn the filter off and on during wc without going through this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I just unplug mine when I start vacuuming, plug em back in after I refill. I don't even close the valves. Never had a problem. Now, when I open them up to clean the media, I close em up when I'm finished, open both hose valves and the tank water just siphons into the can and fills up the can. When that's done I turn em on and they flow. If they don't, I turn em on their side for a few seconds til they do.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I just unplug mine when I start vacuuming, plug em back in after I refill. I don't even close the valves. Never had a problem. Now, when I open them up to clean the media, I close em up when I'm finished, open both hose valves and the tank water just siphons into the can and fills up the can. When that's done I turn em on and they flow. If they don't, I turn em on their side for a few seconds til they do.

What about when the waterline gets below the I take tube does air get into the system?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
No. Water drains out of the lines, but the canisters don't empty. If there's water in the canister, it'll start right up. I don't turn em back on til the tank's full and the lines fill back up with water. Water in the can never comes out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store