If you don't like DE buy a black aro

Yes they can get it but your chances are slim

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
Since they swim high in the water, they're always looking down for food. This causes the problem.
When I had a silver aro , I put in a bunch of floating driftwood and I never had a issue with drop eye.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Lol. True but I keep reading horror stories on here about online orders going bad. What's a reputable dealer?
Don't be swayed in a negative way about the recent horror stories. One of them in the discussion forum lately is op'd by a complete wackjob i know from another forum. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his fault somehow..anyways, i've ordered fish online countless times (several aros included) from various vendors and have had 1 problem in 20+years of ordering fish. It turned out to be ups's fault and not the vendors. My luck might not be the norm, but i would still guess the odds are way in your favor for things to work out positively and if not most vendors i've dealt with seem like the type of people that would replace a dead fish. The vendors on MFK all seem like gd people. If you don't want drop eye, order a black like T1 said and feel confident things will work out, otherwise keep the silver and enjoy him regardless..The DE ain't going away

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
DE doesn't seem to affect them, it just looks bad. If you really want the silver don't worry about it. If you want to try something else I have had very good luck ordering online. And I have a black cloud following me! Just buy from someone reputable. Come on here and ask for other people experience with the vendor you choose, and you will get some assurances that way. How do you think the LFS gets fish? They order from someone that ships to them. You might try finding other people in your area that want to go in on an order with you. That way you can split the freight. If you buy from a vendor that is listed on MFK you can bet that people here buy from them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store