Dat Care

7Jason

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
Toronto ON CAN
I want to know if you can feed tiger dats mysis, krill, bloodworms, brine shrimp or all of them. Also how fast do they grow can you tell me the length yours grew in a month. I know there is an Care sheet but it is not specific enough for me because it states that it eats earthworms and silversides and stuff like that but it dosen't state if they eat brine shrimp or like bloodworms. Also it says they grow slowly but how slow? A cm a month? an inch a month?

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
I've always been able to get small dats on bloodworms and krill. If I remember correctly they didn't care for mysis shrimp. Growth rate will depend on its diet. I also believe it depends on what type of dat you have, but not sure about that as I've only had NTT. My one thinbar grew from 1.5" to about 13" in about 5 years. So I'd say a few inches a year

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
I've had success with datnoids taking pellets around the 3" mark. They were eating feeder guppies and bloodworms, and they are now taking Hikari Sinking Carnivore (Thank God).
Try to get them on pellets if you can (more economical and better growth), you are gonna need to starve them and have patience. A bichir also helps cleaning the pellets at the bottom of the tank if the dats are not eating them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
My friend bought a Indo at 1.5inches and grew it to a 17inch beast in 4years.... Just comes down to the diet. Dats will eat a lot but it just comes down to getting them to change. Here's a list I've feed dats over the years... Freeze dried krill, worms, feeders fish, fish fillets, crayfish once big, pellets, raw market shrimp, and frozen foods.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store