enlarging pond with a couple pics

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
So I started 3 yrs ago with a preformed...last yr at the end of the summer I dug out a 1000 gal pond with liner....Didn't finish it for some reason......I figured out why this spring.....I WANTED BIGGER...So my hubby and I dug out a 4000 gal pond and im in love. It is still in the construction faze and not very pretty yet but I will have that done as soon as I get a min. But all macanics are done except for the monster uv light I broke and am waiting on parts to ship....Cant wait for the pond place down the street to get pond plants in. Only 2 of mine survived the winter...

pond construction 3.jpeg

pond construction 2.jpeg

pond construction.jpeg

LOCO_LOCO

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2008
SAN DIEGO
R u using only skimmer? Do have a bottom.drain in there? I am redoing my pond. I am not sure to use only skimmer or both.

Sent from my LG-D801 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
Only skimmer. We have to many tree roots in the area were we took out 2 large maples so no way to dig out a drain by hand. We would need a huge excavator to get through the roots. They are huge. For media I have a large bag of lava rock and a lot of mat style filter media in both the skimmer box and overflow. That way I can clean one while the other stays seeded. I I also have an underwater filter at the bottom just in case. I am using a lot of water movement and oxygen to do a lot of the work. I had to rush a little because all our kio were in a 300 gal holding pond while new one was being dug out.

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
figured I would update my pond photo's. Ive been doing a lot of work to the pond this summer. Still has a lot of work to do but its always going to be a work in progress.

pond.jpg

pond2.jpg

pond3.jpg

pond4.jpg

pond5.jpg

pond6.jpg

pond7.jpg

pond8.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store