thoughts on hujeta gar???

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I've had them before. I really like them. They don't get that big and can stay in a group. They'll seek out feeders like the big boys. If my tank wasn't already full of top dwellers then I'd get another bunch of them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

alexisnsanti

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
california
I've had them before. I really like them. They don't get that big and can stay in a group. They'll seek out feeders like the big boys. If my tank wasn't already full of top dwellers then I'd get another bunch of them.

ya I like em I have a school of 6 there about 10" I feed them live once in a while not all the time but it can get expensive.. so there staple is frozen shiners.. wat did u feed?

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
never kept these before but they seem pretty cool only have kept florida gar and the longnoses. hoping to get some more longnoses.

Brev

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2009
Hong Kong
they are timid, so easily fall victims to the bully.
anyway they are interesting so keep them if you have a chance :)

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I think the true gars are much cooler, however the "Marble Gar" which has a similar body structure to the Hujetas (if I can remember correctly) is pretty cool.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY

+1

Especially if you don't have a big enough tank for a true gar (most people don't) They are extremely fast swimmers and very good hunters! A very cool fish that can live peacefully in a 75 (4"x18"x22") and can be grown out in a 40b or 55gal for some time.

I could never get mine of live feeders and seeing him hunt was awesome! One time he struck a guppy so hard his lower jaw went thru the gill of the guppy and the guppy was just stuck their for awhile

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store