Sex my flowerhorn

atm82

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2014
Arizona
Looks male. He is almost identical to my flowerhorn.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

atm82

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2014
Arizona
I am not sure man. I'm not good at venting at all. I have heard of a lot of people who vent it as male and it looks male and it ends up laying eggs. I am confused by the flowerhorns sometimes as well. I have heard a lot of people who swear by venting it male and this and that and it being wrong, so I dunno. Best of luck to you though, I hope you find out. That is a nice fish!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

THE PETSHOP GUY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
NEW YORK...NEWYORK
I hope u found out by now what sex it was....I had the same problem some time back.so what i did was put another fh on the other side(one that i knew what the sex was)for a few days, then tryed another of a different sex just to see the reactions...and behold..when i put a female on the other side he danced and danced like i had music on..lol...so he got labeled as a male and she went back to her tank. p.s. ... He turn out to be one of my best breeders... so if you dont still know the sex give this method a try even tho its not 100% it may help shed some light. Good luck buddy

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Male tubes are thinner and point more at an angle..........Females have a thicker tube and point downward............

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store