Coral cat shark egg hatched last night

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
Now the hard part...Getting the little guy to eat..Im so excited though. And today I got 2 bamboo eggs. One is a couple weeks out and the other is still very small...

Atumi

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2014
Australia
On the other thread you called it a "She" now its "Guy" lol.

any sign of Claspers? probably a bit early to tell anyway, Keep us updated :)

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
haven't looked yet. lmao..I just kind of go with the moment. I haven't tried to flip him her over yet. Just letting the little guy relax and hoping to feed before I stress...I will see one of these days when she he swims around. lol. funny you caught that...lol

TNTtropical

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
ABC
Congratulations, what size tank do you have this guy/girl going into and what about the other two soon to be hatched sharks?

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
After they are eating well they will be let loose into the 220 they are in. Right now they are in a large container till they are eating well. They will grow up in there untill they are big enough to join their older brother and sisters in the 3000 gal pond we are currently building in the basement. The other eggs are bamboo's and they will go through the same process.

TNTtropical

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
ABC
Very cool man glad to hear they are going to be live in a good home! What other sharks do you have in the 3000 gallon pond?

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
The pond is still under construction so the older sharks(which are still juvenile themselves) are in a 300 gal holding pond waiting for the pond to be finished. There are 3 horn sharks, a brown banded and a coral cat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store