What tankmates do you guys have with your polys?

swrdply400mrelay

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
Texas
Just curious.

Had an Oscar but that got too messy.

Had a Jewel cichlid, but that was a fin nipper.

Had a Blue Acara, also nipper.

Just a Geophagus and clown loaches now. Not sure what else to get or at all.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Red wolf,pictus cats, sun spot cat, alestes and red Colombian tetras, and pink tail chalceus.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I've heard that ctenos work, silver dollars, any of the ancient fish, datnoids, and pretty much anything that can't fit in their mouth or can't fit them in it's mouth and that isn't too aggressive. I haven't really ever had any fish other than polys for the past 4 years so I haven't really kept anything with my polys. I am currently growing out a lungfish to go with them and am hoping to get some ctenos, gar, and maybe some silver dollars to go with them in a couple months.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Red wolf, Orino peacock bass, green texas, geos, ctenopoma, rope fish, a. Stalsbergi, severums, brown ghost knife

Only issue with cichlids and the bichirs ive had has been when breeding and I just section them off until they're done.. That's it really

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
How does the pink tail chalceus do with polys? Nipper? Does it hoard food like an Oscar?
No real problems with polys. The chalceus ignore them. No nipping going on. I feed them with floating pellets/flakes/shrimp. Then i feed the bottom feeders. Everyone is staying in their zones and is well fed.

baconmeupscotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
Kansas
Leopard ctenopomas, synodontis catfish and rope fish.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store