The Corydoras Thread

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Noticed that the catfish forum has next to no threads devoted to or even mentioning Cory catfish. Now the oddball cats (Raphaels, pims, etc) are my favorite type of catfish but I still love my little two Corys. This thread is pretty much self explanatory, post anything you want about corydoras catfish whether it's your fish or not. Heck go to your LFS and find a rare Cory, take a picture and post it on here!

Good things to include would be the name of the fish (common and/or scientific), and pictures you have, what setup, etc.

Post anything you want pertaining to corydoras people!

I'll start it off, I've kept several species in my year and a half of being in the hobby, in fact 2 Julii corydoras were the very first fish I kept (plus some penguin tetras). I've kept Julii, Adolfoi, Aeneus, and one unidentified oddball Cory.

I'm currently keeping two Aeneus in my 30 gallon tall with an angelfish, a blue gourami, a sailfin Molly, 3 penguin tetras, an ABbC, and a Longfin super red Ancistrus. They get along extremely well with my other bottom feeders and eat about anything I give them. I've had one for about 9 months and the other for 8 months. They're an overall awesome fish!

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I love cories and a half dozen sterbai are definitely going to be on my next order. Fun almost playful small bottom dwellers ive always enjoyed different cories

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
I'm in. I have a pack of 6 of the same ones that the OP has. They are great little fish and add a lot of personality to my 40B South American community tank.

I C Mud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2014
Winnipeg
I also really like these little guys. I have 12 Corydoras melanistius, 3 albino aeneus, and 2 bronze aeneus....sadly I had 3 of these until about an hour ago.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
My corys were murdered by a harlot :/ 3 agasazzi and 3 sterbai, thinking about going with a big group of agasazzi

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
What is the key to getting them to spawn ??

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
What is the key to getting them to spawn ??
Do a water change and then make the new water cooler to make it seem like rainfall. They'll think its rainy season and then get spawning urges. Obviously it's way more detailed than that but I've never bred them so an expert will probably come along and better explain soon.

Monstrous

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2013
Singapore
I have 3 sterbai cories but somehow, they tend to cluster on the top of a driftwood, right under the outlet of my filter when they arent moving

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store