WOLF FISH ATTACKED OR SICK?

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Just noticed my wolf fish hanging out in the corner and his face looks like this. Does this look like fungus or a wound?
IMG-20140506-00090 - Copy.jpgIMG-20140506-00090.jpgIMG-20140506-00091.jpg

IMG-20140506-00090 - Copy.jpg

IMG-20140506-00090.jpg

IMG-20140506-00091.jpg

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
A lot, including another wolf fish. But I have a female 8 inch Jag...she is the only one who I think could have done this...but I have never seen them really interact. She swims in the middle and the wolf fish hangs near the bottom. Only thing I can think of is that my moon light when out last night and maybe in the total darkness the wolf fish was swimming around and ran into my Jag. It looks like she may have put it's head in her mouth and what I am seeing is the damage. Or it's fungus??? I don't know...either of which would not be good. I can rule out an infection if someone here can confirm it does not look like an infection. Then I am left trying to guess as to what could have happened as I didn't actually see it happen.

robert511

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2013
orange county ca
I am almost sure it's fungus I had that happen to one of my fish I treated the whole tank for a week with pimafix . Before I started treatment I did a 50 percent water change treated for 4 days with out a water change and for the last 3 days did a 25 percent WATER change a day . After the 4th day I seen improvement. . I would also check all your fish real good to see if any others have anything .

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
May be it's time for water change...

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
All the other fish look ok, including the other wolf (erythrinus Sp. Tahuayo). My sick wolf ( erythrinus Sp. Peru) will swim around and then go back down to the corner but bumps into the glass before stopping. I don't think he can see very well...if at all. I'm going to get some pimafix tomorrow, but I dosed the tank with 2500 mg of Amoxicillin after doing a 50% water change and will do it 2 more times every other day. My ConJag had duck lips a few weeks ago and the antibiotics really worked well and he is completely recovered. I just dont know why my Tahuayo has fungus. I must have introduced it somehow...I mean that is the only way it could have gotten it right? From another sick fish. Either that or my Jag tried to lock lips and swallowed its face. The Jag is a female and is at the 8 inch mark. She has been pretty mellow with all the other fish, but I have noticed her seem more agitated and aggressive in the last few days. I have had Red Devils in the past that after hitting a certain size, they literally will turn into killers overnight. I mean no problems at all, and then like a switch...they start killing everything in the tank. I've never fully grown out a Jag, so I'm wondering if this happens with them as well. In which case, I may need to start looking for a new place for her to live.

robert511

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2013
orange county ca
For what I see on the fish and you telling me his actions I would do the pimafix and melafix follow the bottle directions after 4 days 25 percent w/C and treat for 7 days total and do a 50 percent change and see if it gets better I just went through it and it worked for me

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Thanks...started the Pimafix for fungus and Amoxicillin for any bacterial infections. Added api salt and gonna wait and see. i hope he isn't permanently blind and will be able to see better once the fungus over his eyes dissipates. He already looked wicked before this, now he looks like a goblin. I wish there was more I could do, but I just have to be patient and wait and know i am doing all I can for him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store