Does my new Red Terror look stressed?

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
Just bought him/her today. Only been in the tank for 3 hours. He/she is about 3-3 1/2". Paid $60 for it so better be a nice looking RT. I've never spent over $15 for a fish and I've had my heart set on a RT for a long time so I'm pretty excited about the red/dark orange to start showing. What's the best food I can feed him/her (sorry, haven't named it yet. Still thinking) for the best color outcome? The guy at LFS told me what they feed but y'all are my go to peeps so I decided to ask y'all first. ;)View attachment 1010349

Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 12 gilled babies

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
Your replies are deleted? There were several....Is your little guy good now?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
What did they recommend? I've been feeding my small festae NLS cichlid sinkers (they are color enhancing) and they look great, krill will not enhance color so give frozen krill a shot, some of my fish like it some don't

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
I don't know where my replies went... Lucy is doing great! So much personality. She dances for food :thumbup:

I ended up getting NLS super red, Nat Geo new color enhancing pellets, frozen krill, omega one, and I have started a worm farm.

I couldn't decide on just one so I chose to rotate them all lol. Lucy is a little piggy and loves all of them :D

Here's a pic I took a few days ago. She is showing more color everyday. I'll get another picture soon.
uploadfromtaptalk1400385587032.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400385587032.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400385613970.jpg

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
Nice looking terror hope she is happy. If you want size just a suggestion super meal worms. My girl put on 2 inches in 3 months with them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
She seems to be happy. The shyness has finally faded. She now greets me at the glass.

Where do I get super meal worms? Frozen or live? Is it like feeding beef heart?

I'm all about a balanced diet. I love knowing my water pets are healthy :)

Briwike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2009
Missouri City, Tx
I hot mine from the reptile convention. 1000 super meal worms for 35$. Thy live like 4 months. Leave in rubermaid plastic tub with potato halves an a cup or two of oatmeal. Feed live. Will take a few feeding before the fish gets us to it but one they do watch out they will be eating it out of your hand. The protein level are high in them so keep your feeding regiment but just add a treat every night.

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
I hot mine from the reptile convention. 1000 super meal worms for 35$. Thy live like 4 months. Leave in rubermaid plastic tub with potato halves an a cup or two of oatmeal. Feed live. Will take a few feeding before the fish gets us to it but one they do watch out they will be eating it out of your hand. The protein level are high in them so keep your feeding regiment but just add a treat every night.

Those things are creepy lol. I'll have to get used to them as well. Haha

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
Thank you. Here's an updated pic for y'alluploadfromtaptalk1401159997312.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401160024296.jpg

She's really showing personality now. She will practically snatch food out of my hand. She's also grown about an inch, maybe a little more.

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store