Tank dilemma, Advice?

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Hello all, I am just finishing up one wall in my room & hit a road block I guess.. I was planning to use 3ft wide tanks for the bottom bays of my tiers for cichlids but I did not measure it first :screwy:

In short I can go 750mm with room to play or 800mm playing it risky! my concern is I already have more then enough 2ft wide tanks sitting outside which I was about to sell.

Just wondering what you guys would do? Keep the 600mms or go for the 800mm depth, the tanks will be 4ft long and 2ft high. Main purpose is to keep solo / breeding pairs of the more aggressive cichlids I.E umbee, hornet , dovii , red terror etc, I know for the dovii & umbee id love a 3ft wide tank (800 I guess I should say) Do you think the extra 150-200mm is worth the move up?

Whilst I am at it... if you could filter these tanks with any reasonable method what would be your suggestion? Sump would be easy & cheaper to run imo but theres the issue of disease & fine tuning pushing me at canisters but this option is going to cost a bit more & I dont think I would get the same flow / filtration as I would from a sump.

Thanks all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store