Datnoid breeding??

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There is already a thread on this video but this is my first time viewing it on a larger screen than my phone and those are some beautiful pulchers.

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Krich said it. There was a thread about it with a farm in Asia trying to breed them. No one really know if breeding was done successfully. IMO it's going to be long term breeding project, but at least it's a beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
For sure, people have deff tried over there before so hopefully they can get it right. Probably little chance that they are migratory?

I've been wondering this for quite a while now.. I know this way of breeding is messed up but I know its done, can't they just cut open a bunch of dats looking for viable eggs then do the same for the sperm? Then do it artificially?

It would be a travesty to do it to a bunch of nice pulchers but all these little indos everywhere makes me think somebody's doing that

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Not sure if Datnoids actually produce eggs at a fast rate like salmons or other fishes do. They may be a little more passive when it comes to breeding.
I'm pretty sure people have tried it before, however, it might be hard to actually get ST to produce eggs.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Datnoids obviously breed but to my knowledge, no one on this site has been able to even confirm there sex. Also keep in mind that they live a very long time so they may not breed or become mature until they are much older, like 10 years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store