baby jardini

dragontw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2014
new york
I want to know if this would affect the growth of my 5 inch jardini, I'm only feeding it 2 cubes of bloodworms a day. I been trying to get it to eat stick pellets but all it does is takes it in and spits it back out. Please advise if bloodworms are enough nutrition for it.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I'd say no although I've had fish like my brown ghost knife only take worms and seem to grow fine, but I do know that developing fat reserves is important in young aro. Try soaking the pellets in the bloodworms as they thaw and dump a bit in with some bloodworm but mostly pellet

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Had the same exact problem with my jar. She wouldnt eat so I left the blood worms in the refrigerator to thaw out and then open the foil and crush 3-4 pellets in each rectangle and mix then freeze again. Worked like a charm. Try 1 or 2 pellets so your jar doesnt get smart and notice it, and then next batch add one more pellet. After a couple packs of bloodworm/pellet mix dont feed for 2-3 days and then boom your jar will be on pellets! Works a hell of a lot better than starving.

baji

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai, India
It takes and spitting the pellets means he know its food, so try to keep feeding pellets and starve for 2 days...

MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dragontw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2014
new york
i tried crushing the pellets and then freeze them with the blood worms but my jar waits for all the crush pellets to fall off then eats the bloodworms :/

dragontw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2014
new york
also do you feed your bloodworms frozen because in feeding your arowana sticky said frozen bloodworms would cause intestinal issues

kenton713

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2010
Houston, Tx
I had a dovii that only ate live feeder.I tried for the longest to switch him to pellets so I starved him for a week he started eating little by little I got him to the point that the only thing I give him is pellet.

dragontw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2014
new york
i read that starving jardini at young can affect it's growth, i don't to resolve to starving it yet since it's only 5 inches right now

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
Try freeze dry krill. I've always introduce my baby jars to krill bc frozen blood worms float before thawing in the tank water so anything floating is be considered food to it. Always worked, maybe a few days starving on n off than it takes krill. Next introduce foaling pellet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
+1 sicksauce this technique worked with two of my jars , my latest is currently 7" and now hammering hikari carni sticks freeze dried krill gets them used to solid foods but aren't quite as hard as pellets , hope it works for you :thumbup::D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store