Good ground covers for building a path

garganoth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
orange
I want to make a planted tank that has a "path" out of sand that would kind of weave around the tank... I was thinking about using dwarf hair grass for this...are there any similar types of of ground cover I could mix in to make it look natural? Also has anyone bought plants of ebay? I can't really find any good lfs that have decent selections for plants.

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
don't buy plants on ebay (I mean I guess you could be eh)

I tend to buy plants from people on The Planted Tank and Aquatic Plants Central, or really just any plant specific website.

As for your question, well, I wouldn't go mixing other plants into your carpet as it then becomes messy looking and does not always create the desired effect.

garganoth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
orange
don't buy plants on ebay (I mean I guess you could be eh)

I tend to buy plants from people on The Planted Tank and Aquatic Plants Central, or really just any plant specific website.

As for your question, well, I wouldn't go mixing other plants into your carpet as it then becomes messy looking and does not always create the desired effect.
Great thanks for the advice I found a couple plant sites that I'm thinking about buying some dwarf hair grass from.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store