Tank ideas?

reptileguy112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I have an empty 20g tank in my bathroom with gravel and a lid and stuff.I have some marine salt so I was thinking maybe brackish.Any ideas???

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
can put in some green spotted puffers and a few driftwood .these puffers are smart and make interested pets .

another solution would be a shallow tank with a dry area and some mudskippers , look cool

another would be a community brackish with mollies , bumblebee gobies , glassfish or flounders .

can also do a chinese biotope with some species like rhinogobius species , rhodeus occelatus , zacco platypus etc

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Go with Puffers!

I have a dwarf puffer in my 5 gallon nano tank, it is a great fish.
Goes well with my crabs and shrimp.

However the Green Spottet puffer gets a bit bigger, and I assume is probably more fun to watch.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
I agree puffers are different than any other fish, intelligent just look at the complexity of the eye it shows the complexity of the mind as well

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I think of my dwarf puffer as a swimming chameleon. They move their eyes independently just like one.

Also not as fragile as I've been told, but my routines and water quality is pretty good. And mine just went 3 days without food and still doing good, no signs of aggression towards my bristle nose pleco, crabs and shrimp. But then again my shrimps are bigger than my puffer.

meast007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Colorado
Mine attack ghost shrimp, not enough to kill yet out of curiosity I think. I have 4 one is a C. Imitator, and the other 3 are C. Travancoricus of these 1 is female leaving 3 males total

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Skip the marine salt if there's a window in there that will light your tank up for you 6+ hours a day.

A small planted, lightly stocked tank that ran on little more than a sponge would be slick. I've thought about doing this lately using the dry start technique to let my carpet grow in.

Just my .02 course ;)

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
ya dwarf puffers can be kept in pure freshwater , ive read they dont need hard shelled food to trim their teeths too

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
another suggestion would be a few mekong humpback puffers , they are not very active so they dont need a large tank

can do a planted soft water south american blackwater tank too with cardinal tetras etc .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store