Aquarium fish KILLING owners?

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
Have there ever been any reports of fish in aquariums or ponds killing their owners? I know that i heard a "story" of a moray eel tagging someones arm REALLY hard and the owner died but i think it may be just a story.

If you have a story post it here.

Also if you don't have a story what fish do you think are CAPABLE of killing an owner? As in the fish killing owner in aquarium or pond. Obviously a african tiger fish COULD kill a person but how would that happen in an aquarium

And no. Not any public aquarium fish like large sharks. I mean fish in hobbyists tanks or ponds.

MY TOP SUSPECTS:
Bad stingray sting
Moray eel bite (disease from bite?)
Electric eel (100% CAPABLE)

Thats all i can think of right now. Your guys thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Only way I see a aquarium fish that is owned by a hobbyist is the electric eel or maybe some one with a weakened immune system and a bad sting ray sting. Anything else and I'd be highly doubtful

Sent from my VS840 4G

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
OH MY GOD!

I just looked up moray eel bites on google images and those are NASTY! Those jagged teeth can easily take off fingers and sever entire arms! I will not post the pics here because they are VERY graphic but feel free to look it up on your own. Obviously you can die from blood loss.

But i think the images are from WILD eels. I wonder if aquarium eels will do the same damage.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
To severe a arm I'm guessing it would have to be a massive Javanese moral eel and be really hungry. fingers I get but a entire arm I doubt

Sent from my VS840 4G

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I just got infected by a nasty fish bacteria called fish tank granuloma leaving a big sore on my hand. Been on antibotics for over a month now. Bacteria get into your system through cut or scraps. They say people in the pool, aquarium and fish market business has a high chance of getting it.

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
I just got infected by a nasty fish bacteria called fish tank granuloma leaving a big sore on my hand. Been on antibotics for over a month now. Bacteria get into your system through cut or scraps. They say people in the pool, aquarium and fish market business has a high chance of getting it.
Is the bacteria actually caused by fish or the water? I never knew about this...

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Rays, electric eels, most of the other baddies like ATF would have to sever an artery to kill you so you'd have to be in tank/pond with them. Unless it jumps and clamps onto your neck that would suck lol

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store