Tank/stand The main question is,

lefty31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2010
Kansas
Hello, all. I've recently moved and am contemplating getting back into it over the summer here. A local store is doing 30% off of new tanks! (Craigslist seems to have full fledged tanks only). Anyhow, I previously had 55 gallons tanks and am wanting to go bigger. Thinking of a 150 gallon. My dilemma is, I build a fish tank stand and would like to reuse it. It has a bottom shelf to hold the sump I would look into placing with the system. The stand is 58" long, and 20" wide. Obviously, the 150 gallon is 72.5"x18.5"x28.5". Would I be able to get away with using my stand or should I purchase a new one. I believe the 6" overhand on both sides shouldn't be an issue from structural standpoint, but figured a second opinion would be best.

As a whole on the tank, I am planning the following:
Live Rock
Volitan Lionfish
Rectangle Triggerfish
Queen Triggerfish
Undulate Triggerfish
and a Stingray (yellow or bullseye) if the footprint is considered largee enough of course.

Any tips/ideas greatly appreciated, predator is the the name of the game!

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
I'd get a new stand. A 150 tank probably weighs 6 to 8 times as much as a 55.
Why risk it?
Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
New stand man thats allot of water

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Will you have a lot of live rock and/or hiding places and territories set up for the triggers? My understanding is that they are aggressive fish and pick fights. Ours is really nasty.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lefty31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2010
Kansas
Definitely plan on doing lots of rock/hiding for the fish. Personally I feel massively open tanks stress fish out more when they can't get out of sit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store