My Goliath Tigerfish is not eating , any suggestion??

naymyohtut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Yangon
My two baby GATF(around 4") arrived three days ago and I am worried that they will be dead due to lack of nutrition.And i dont want to happen as they are rare toget and gave 140$ each for it . I have put them some live guppies and they are not even interested in guppies. So, i tried frozen shrimp andIMG_3267.JPGIMG_3268.JPGIMG_3267.JPGIMG_3268.JPG frozen bloodworms, but it failed. Is this happen to other GATF keeper? I would love to get some advices from you guys.

IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

naymyohtut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Yangon
I can buy wavemaker tomorrow if you think strong current will make them more comfortable. Thanks for the advise.

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
Try other frozen things like mussels and make sure you unfreeze them before giving it to them and also try other type of live feeders, some other fish that does´t stay on top of the water all the time, something that swims fast so they feel like its one of their preys.

naymyohtut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Yangon
Ok guys, it's been a week they riot for starvation. I have no idea how to continue with these GATFs. I put some different alive fishes like goldfish, silver shark , etc. And I changed the filtration system for better current and wave. I tried the light off for several hours , but it didn't help either. Pls Help.

IMAG0389.jpgIMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0389.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
I would definitely add more current. What's your temperature and can we get a full tank shot? I also think blacking the back and sides will help the tiger fish be at ease more.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I had little to no current with my GATF! Yes I know that goes against what everyone thinks however they do not need current.

I think just like gars, you need to always just have food available. They may start to feed at night and eventually eat in front of you. I had a TSN that grew from 5 inches to 15 and I never saw it eat, but when 20 feeder fish went missing I knew he ate them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store