Rays and Leporinus?

Wanna Arowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Middle East
I had issues mixing 4 Leps with my 2 Leos.

They tore up the tails of both my Leos!!! Pulled the Leps out as soon as I saw them do it, but wats done was done! Thankfully trauma was controlled & has healed well.

I had a closer look at the Leps wen I took them out, & boy did they have a good set of teeth!!!

They r an excellent bunch of scavengers, always goin about the tank looking for leftover scraps, but not worth the risk. They will definitely gang up on new or slow moving or weak fish!!!

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Terrible idea...leporinus will shred just about anything ime...ive owned a half dozen or so and they all went postal eventually eating out eye balls and shredding fins of fish triple their size. My last 14-16" lep tore the fins of 30"+ catfish before they could catch and eat him lol...best kept with other agressive and nippy fish, def. Not rays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Joao M

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Portugal
Can´t comment the mix with rays

But
I keep 3 leps (7", 10", 11") in my 10x4 comm tank with an RTG aro, several CA cichlids and a few bottom dwellers (L´s and walking catfish). So far everything has been working fine: the trio plays nice with eachother and they haven´t attacked the other fish.

On a curious note I have 2 hybrids from an unexpected pair that somehow survived and live (and eat) in the tank among the big boys. Both under an inch in size. The leps don´t bother them either

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store