crab tank??????

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
To fix it you'll need some fiber glass mesh and some adhesive which is rather cheap. The structural integrity would be questionable of where its cracked or has a weak spot as its not a solid woven piece but rather something that has been glued back together instead of patched. Do you possibly know where it leaks? If its a seam you could just triple up on it and it'll be stronger than before. If you were to use it in the long run I personally would relay a 2-3 layer of mesh.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
the problem is it is almost 2 hours away from me. the price is dropped to $50. don't know if its worth the drive and the hassle ... I have no clue where it is leaking from and it might not be leaking at all.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Well if you have room for it I personally would get it. Two hours there and back is a pretty dam long drive but I think you already have some really cool ideas in your head of what to do with it as with your silver. Looking at the picture its been taken care of very well and I think it might leak from the bulk head. The edges are nice and sharp so it surly wasn't bumped into anything from what I can see in the pic. Could use a nice scrub down but for 50 dollars I dont think you can go wrong. Worst case scenario you spend 100 bucks on mesh and adhesive and relay it and basically have a new 440 pond that looks very nice instead of those crappy and $$$ plastic ponds at lowes or home depo.

I have always wanted to use pond armor which can be applied like paint and turns out to be just as strong as glass. Its basically like a candy shell. It can be applied to wood and create a water proof seal for 20+ years and as a plus silicone sticks very well to it so if you ever decide it divide it you can easily with glass.

But I think you should take down the ad and then only upload the picture. Someone on here might go get it before you do.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I believe theres an edit button on the lower right of the original first post

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store