freshwater stingray and salt.

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
My lfs told me not to add aquarium salt whenever i do a water a change for my motoro , how come ? and why .. help please...( he never mention why he just said don't)

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Salt is not an issue. Just dissolve it first in water then add to the tank. Should not need it after every water change but to each his own. I add the salt to my sump when I use it.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Yes i have many rays. No I do not use rodi water. Try posting your ray questions in the ray area for better response. But until them I'll help you out.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
thanks bro.. am new to the site, i can't find the ray section.. only can find it on my phone lol,, not on my comp, what kind of ray you keep

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
salt would only be useful in the event of it being sick, and only when dissolved into water before adding it to the tank.
there's no need to waste money by adding it to every water change.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
People that do run salt usually target a level about 3 ppt. It will help with osmoregulation. Not 'needed' for a healthy animal, but some like to run it as a preventative measure.

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
People that do run salt usually target a level about 3 ppt. It will help with osmoregulation. Not 'needed' for a healthy animal, but some like to run it as a preventative measure.
Is this the case for all scaleless fish , not just rays?

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store