New hybino leopard gecko advice needed !

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I got a hybino leopard gecko yesterday at around 3:00 I've done loads of research in how long you must wait to handle them and one half says begin holding them from day one so they get used to yo the others say wait 3 days, 2 weeks, and even one says 1 month. Now I've had bearded dragons and various other lizards and I've always held them from day one with no problem. So my gecko is a little shy but has never hissed or bitten since yesterday it has also not eaten but it was in the shedding process when I bought it which explains why. I've held it and petted it's back without it running away or nipping. basically what I am asking is am I to wait to hold it or just start holding it from day one like I have been for 10 minutes a day? Thanks any extra advice would also help I am new to leopard geckos and I am striving to learn all about them here is my female hybino leo gecko although I probably said he multiple times haha lolImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1400105796.485564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Hybino? Never heard of it or did you mean Albino? I'm personally not up to date on Geck varieties so I'm just curious.

As for advice the best is to let the Geck settle in first. Once he/she's eating fine for a couple of days straight and defecating then you can try your hand at handling. Right now he/she's gone through a stressful experience best to let the Geck recover from that before stressing it anymore. Just my opinion.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Thanks man and yes I purchased it from lll reptile who acquired it from a local breeder who was there at the time and it's a newer color morph called hybino a cross between a super hypo and another albino strain I will let it settle in as it hasent eaten yet thank you for your info and if you have any other advice I will greatly appreciate it as this is my first leopard.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
How is it setup? Let it settle in for a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store