Do You Have To Get In Your Tank To Clean It?

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
So. Cleaning my newly acquired 450gal. My arms aren't long enough to reach all the tank. So I get to get in it! :D Should b interesting. But it got me thinking... Who else here has to get in ur tanks to clean them?

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Yes & no, I tend to use a normal floor sponge mop which has a nice long handle quite easy to clean all the glass with but also have some magnet cleaner that works on 15mm glass really well think its called hammerhead or something.
To siphon you can get those python tubes i believe, I came across 3 a long time back they are 80cm and work a treat, sometimes I do just use 25mm hose but my arms are quite long :3

All in all it is much faster to get into the tank and do it all but I always have this fear of popping the seams.. unlikely but it bugs me.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I don't think getting in your aquarium is a good idea, unless absolutely necessary. That is a lot more to clean than a couple of arms. Can't you make an extension for all of the necessary tools? Why wouldn't you include pictures? Everyone likes to see big tanks!

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
Getting into a tank risks so many things, mainly what comes to my head first is tipping it, dropping something or a rock. I'd much rather build a cleaning pole. If I had a bigger 1000 gallon plus it might be a little different.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store