Turtles with predators

cassd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
montreal
I've been doing some research on a future predator tank I would like to build and haveing a diversity of species in the tank I've been checking into turtles pig nosed turtles to be precise but I e been reading that they are illegal to export my questions are is this tyre is it possible to get them into Canada and if not what turtle would be similar to this one appropriate for 2' predators that will be in the tank as well

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Well you kinda answered your own question. They are illegal to export meaning illegally can't get new ones here. Only way is to find some person meaning privately has one for sale. As far as I know of that frt was the best ones. Dint get res whatever you do :p

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I have resident Snapping turtles that inhabit my farm pond. They will eat any aquatic predator that they can catch. I have watched these turtles devour Florida Gar. I have NEVER seen any FW predator in Maryland waters that could possibly damage a snapping turtle.

Do it at complete risk of the predator fish!

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
you could try a male spiny gulf soft shell turtle I have had mine for a month and a half and have no problems so far,all my fish are extra large and the soft shell turtle is well feed so no need to go after my fish.The males stay half the size of females and keep there color when full grown,they are in a 420 gallon tank.The males get 9 to 12 inches in shell size.mine is about seven inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store