Anubias Barteri Broad Leaf Mother Plants advice

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Well I just bought a couple hundred dollars worth of Anubias Barteri Broad Leaf mother plants all really nice with some almost 20 inches tall.

They are in my 135 with my Aba Aba.

I been researching the best care for them and have a new Aqua Sun light with 2 26 watt t5 bulbs and will add some Seachem Flourish in the tank every week.

Any advice from the experts on things I can do to guarantee they don't all die on me in a few months like my last big Anubias buy?

Thanks in advance!

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I mean honestly, its just a matter of knowing how to do lighting and how to add ferts.

How tall is your tank? And how big is that fixture (like, length wise)?

You'd probably be better off not doing the flourish thing and instead looking into dosing PPS-Pro (I know a guy who sells liquid fert forms of it, message me and I'll link you)

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Well I just bought a couple hundred dollars worth of Anubias Barteri Broad Leaf mother plants all really nice with some almost 20 inches tall.

They are in my 135 with my Aba Aba.

I been researching the best care for them and have a new Aqua Sun light with 2 26 watt t5 bulbs and will add some Seachem Flourish in the tank every week.

Any advice from the experts on things I can do to guarantee they don't all die on me in a few months like my last big Anubias buy?

Thanks in advance!
52w is VERY low lighting on a 135g. How long is the fixture? Anubias is a very hardy plant that can grow in almost any conditions, but if anything you said was the cause of the last loss, this would be my guess.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
How are you planting them? They grow best on driftwood or floating. My 120g only has 60W 6700k and they do just fine; just one three foot fixture on a four foot tank. I use Flourish once a week and Excel and Potassium twice a week.

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Thanks bros.
I tied all the Anubias to driftwood. Tank is 24 inches high. I also just added more light so now I have a 4 foot strip with 2 56 watt t5 plant bulbs.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
More light is better as long as it stays below medium lighting! Too much will cause algae and other issues, too little and they will barely grow and or die! If you want to save money dry ferts are the way to go, flourish is fairly expensive if you compare to dry.

You fish assuming its an adult should provide the nitrates I would think. A plant like that doesn't need large amounts of it, just as long as its there!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
20140517_141141.jpg

Actually it's a dozen Anubias and some have 15" leaves and some of the roots are 6" long with 3 stems! I just joined the exclusive planted tank forum (happy I was accepted) so I am serious about these plants!!!!

20140517_141141.jpg

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
View attachment 1013207

Actually it's a dozen Anubias and some have 15" leaves and some of the roots are 6" long with 3 stems! I just joined the exclusive planted tank forum (happy I was accepted) so I am serious about these plants!!!!
Exclusive? If your talking tpt it's public just like here and anyone can join lol

Idk what you're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store