Clown Loaches and Meds

Bigtdotcom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2009
Gold Coast
Hi guys! i last night i posted this same message in the Loach forum but still haven't had any reply's so thought i might re-post here to see if I get any responses.

Just want to know if you have and experience using a Med called Blue Planet Aquari cycline?

The reason why I ask is that A friend has a fish in his tank with suspected gill fluke and has been advised by a LSF to treat with Blue Planet Aquari Cycline. The LFS is aware that there are scaleless fish in the aquarium.
The loaches are about 3 or 4 years old and about 5 inches long...they used to belong to me but my friend is taking care of the for me while i spend sometime (a few years) living abroad.

The aquarium is 6x2x2 and from what im told water is in good condition

Other fish are:
2 Oscars
Green Texas - has suspected gill fluke
Jack Dempsey
school silver dollars
Firemouth
6 Loaches
Pleco

Any advice would be welcomed

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
if there's copper in it, absolutely not.
most meds otherwise would be half doses for scaleless, (ick meds, etc).
definitely advise to check the ingredients and their compatibility with scaleless fish.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
If it turns the water green, it's Malachite Green. If it is colorless and odorless, it's copper. If it's formalin, you can smell it. MG is very effective ick and parasite treatment. Use half dosage for loaches and scaless fish and you will be fine.

Bigtdotcom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2009
Gold Coast
Thanks for the responses guys. Ive searched online but im finding it hard to find and ingredients list for this med. I havent heard form my friend since one day after the meds were added, im hoping there ok. The guy at the LFS that sold my friend the med said it was safe for scaleless fish but just makes me a bit nervous when there is no ingredient list available anywhere online

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
If it turns the water green, it's Malachite Green. If it is colorless and odorless, it's copper. If it's formalin, you can smell it. MG is very effective ick and parasite treatment. Use half dosage for loaches and scaless fish and you will be fine.
there's also malachite blue, which turns the water blue lmao. it also is effective for ick and other external parasites. i used to use less than half a teaspoon in my tank if i had any ick issues, due to having scaleless fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store