Aquarium on Andy Griffith

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I love Andy Griffith. I know it can be corny and my wife roles her eyes at me and smirks when I turn it on. but it gives me a glimps of simpler time and what I wouldn't give to live in mayberry (good ol hometown usa).

Episode 11 of season 7 Howard catches "old sam" a large carp and donates him to the museum and the town is disheartened that there legacy is no longer in tupper pond. But they had very good reason to worry about the aquarium old sam was in. take a look at this pic.

Stocklist of the first tank they show is.

Exadons
Fancy gold fish
Platies
Angelfish
Piranha ( I think Rhom but I'm not really into piranhas so not sure)

old sam was about 24" and in a 55 gallon.

I am surprised this tank made it through filming. The one good thing about modern age is fish keeping sure has gotten better. My wife really rolled her eyes when I pointed this out. I am the biggest dork lol.

andy griffith.jpg

andy griffith.jpg

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
All that's missing in that tank is a platypus lol

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I cant believe angels would last a second with exodons who live off eating fins and scales. Bet the rhom and exo's appreciate the owners ignorance lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Is that the actual tank that was in the episode?...I'm looking at my phone screen and it looks a little too modern for those times...It does look like a metal frame tank though.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
yep this tank is from the 60's took the picture from my TV the aquariums are all old school some of the tanks have metal frames with two bolts in each corner.

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
Haha that show is crazy how it's still so popular with just reruns. This coming generation will be watching like reruns of Jersey shore lol.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I remember the episode a long time ago, but I don't generally watch Andy when it went to color. It just lost too much with Barney and Gomer leaving.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I remember the episode a long time ago, but I don't generally watch Andy when it went to color. It just lost too much with Barney and Gomer leaving.
I completely agree 100% Barney was the best. I don't care for the color episodes as much either it losses something. Love it when Barney used to carry the one bullet in his shirt pocket and ask if it was ok to put it in the gun, always be the end of the show had an accidental discharge into the floor.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Haha that show is crazy how it's still so popular with just reruns. This coming generation will be watching like reruns of Jersey shore lol.
Oh man I hope not! I don't think I have watched one episode of that. I love the old shows even when I was a kid on Saturday mornings I watched reruns of leave it to beaver, honeymooners, and little rascals.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Heck I remember an old Boris Karloff flick in black and white. Boris was some kind of scientist and he was feeding his tin foil barbs in an old metaframe looked to be about a 100 gallon sand real plants no filter. Movie was probally from the 40's. Cant remember name of the film.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store