375ish Gallon Plywood Build

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looking good so far.

I love wood building projects: lumber; tools; music; and cold refreshments (Redd's...nice!)

Plywood Dan

Feeder Fish
May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania
Here's what I have drawn up for the tank.

The reason for the internal bracing is because I've basically given up on trying to find 1" plywood in my area, I'm going to be stuck using 3/4", possibly even
23/32", but I wanted the outside of the build to look clean. Would really appreciate some opinions on this part, I don't know if I'm going overboard on the bracing or not, if I could get away with removing some if it that'd be great because it's taking up some serious real estate in there.

Glass will be 1/2" thk, 3" overlap all around, it'll basically sit right in the framework of the 2x4's.

Decided to use Permadri for the coating and 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive to seal the glass. Seems like the most user-friendly combination, this is my first build so I want it to go as easy as possible.

Again, any/all help/opinions/constructive criticism is appreciated. I've never attempted anything like this before, basically just following what I've seen on here and Youtube and hoping it comes out right haha....

Plywood Tank Final.jpg

Plywood Tank Final.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store