How often to feed fish?

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
I am a lil bit confused right know how often I feed my fish. because I have my oscar (nearly 7") When he's like 2-3" I feed him twice a day and in the afternoon/evening his belly will be flat now I still continue to feed him twice a day but I think he's having a hard time digesting the food because of age? No negative signs though. Just his belly is taking a little more time before it gets a little flat (i'm sure i'm not overfeeding) Does it really depend on the size or age of the fish?

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
With an oscar, which has a stomach (some fish don't), you can either feed frequently in small amounts or infrequently in larger amounts. With my large cichlids (6"+) I typically give them a good helping of pellets and they're good for a day or two.

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
A little two even three times a day. It depends on if they are begging or not. At least once a day for everyone. They "tell" me.

BODYDUB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2009
Killeen
When I had my two largs O's I fed them once in the am and once in the pm.............

xaenali

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Pakistan
I am a lil bit confused right know how often I feed my fish. because I have my oscar (nearly 7") When he's like 2-3" I feed him twice a day and in the afternoon/evening his belly will be flat now I still continue to feed him twice a day but I think he's having a hard time digesting the food because of age? No negative signs though. Just his belly is taking a little more time before it gets a little flat (i'm sure i'm not overfeeding) Does it really depend on the size or age of the fish?
I feed my oscars and other fishes once aday....IMO this not only help to properly digest their food but waste produce will be less......i am sure the size your oscars got..feeding once aday is enough....!

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store